The data submission period for the 2017 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) closed Tuesday, April 3. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is currently in the process of reviewing all the data submitted.
CMS officials issued an online statement Wednesday that thanked “all of the clinicians who submitted their data, as well as the qualified clinical data registries, qualified registries, EHR vendors, and other organizations that submitted 2017 MIPS data on behalf of clinicians.”
MIPS preliminary feedback available.
If you submitted data through the Quality Payment Program website, you are now able to review your preliminary performance feedback data. Clinicians should keep in mind, however, that this is not a final score or feedback.
Final scores and feedback will be available July 1. Between now and June 30, scores could change based on the following:
- Special status scoring considerations (example: Hospital-based clinicians).
- All-Cause Readmission Measure for the Quality category.
- Claims Measures to include the 60-day run out period.
- CAHPS for MIPS Survey Results.
- Advancing Care Information Hardship Application status.
- Improvement Study participation and results.
- Creation of performance period benchmarks for Quality measures that didn’t have a historical benchmark
Final scores and feedback will be available on July 1 through the Quality Payment Program website. Clinicians and practice managers will be able to access preliminary and final feedback with the same EIDM credentials that allowed them to submit and view data during the submission period. Clinicians that don’t yet have an EIDM account can start the process by referring to the Enterprise Identity Management (EIDM) User Guide for instructions.
For additional MIPS performance feedback preliminary data, contact the Quality Payment Program by phone at 1-866-288-8292/TTY: 1-877-715-6222 or email at QPP@cms.hhs.gov.