In the transition to value-based care, registry participation has become increasingly important. Registry abstraction was previously done at the discretion of the individual provider in prior days, but with new payment models coming down the pipeline, that’s no longer the case.
Variation in healthcare is a significant problem. Tracking evidence-based scientifically researched standards of care has been shown to:
- Improve clinical outcomes;
- Reduce the risk of complications;
- Prevent recurrences and readmissions; and
- Appropriately treat the majority of patients.
Clinical data registries play a vital role in the quality of healthcare. Registry abstraction offers providers the opportunity to benchmark their quality metrics against reported outcomes and data.
Analyzing this data allows hospitals to look at specific diseases and processes within the organization to provide feedback to staff to provide better care.
Primaris is well versed in registry abstraction. Customers are realizing the timeliness, accuracy and consistency of Primaris abstraction gives their facilities better outcomes sooner so that they may implement quality improvement initiatives almost in real time.
PRIMARIS CURRENTLY ABSTRACTS FOR THE FOLLOWING REGISTRIES:
ACC NATIONAL CARDIOVASCULAR DATA REGISTRY (NCDR)
- ACTION Registry® – GWTG™ (Get With the Guidelines)
- CathPCI Registry®
- ICD Registry™
- PVI Registry™ (Peripheral Vascular Intervention)
- STS/ACC TVT Registry™
- Afib Ablation Registry™
- LAAO Registry™
SOCIETY OF THORACIC SURGEONS NATIONAL DATABASE
- Adult Cardiac Surgery Database
- General Thoracic Surgery Database
- Congenital Heart Surgery Database
American College of Cardiology – Chest Pain Center Accreditation
SOCIETY FOR VASCULAR SURGERY (SVS)
- Vascular Quality Initiative® (VQI)
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION® GET WITH THE GUIDELINES®
- Heart Failure