- About Us
- Quality Improvement Organization
- Medical Review
- Health Information Technology
- Insurance Counseling Services
- News & Events
- Contact Us
- Physician Reviewer Training – Module 1
- Physician Reviewer Training – Module 2
- Physician Reviewer Training – Module 3
- Physician Reviewer Training – Module 4
Editor’s note: While anyone can access the training videos and posttests for physician-reviewer training, you must create an account to get credit for your work. Please login if you already have an account, or contact us to request an account be created. Send us your name, telephone and city, please. Only site administrators can create accounts for new reviewers. Thank you for your patience.
Welcome to the Primaris Physician Reviewer Training. This training has been designed specifically for physicians who have applied to become Physician Reviewers for Primaris’ Clinical Review program, but all physicians interested in learning more about Primaris’ case review process are welcome to complete the training as well.
The goal of this activity is to provide physicians with information about our principles and process of clinical review to enhance the quality of case reviews.
Upon successful completion of this educational program, physicians should be able to:
- Apply the principles and process of quality-concern review to clinical case reviews
- Apply the principles and process of utilization review to clinical case reviews
- List the basic elements of EMTALA criteria and apply them to EMTALA case reviews
A maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM are available for this activity.
Primaris is accredited by the Missouri State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Primaris designates this activity for a maximum of 3.0 hours AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Instructions for Participation and Credit
The training consists of a series of four Powerpoint/Flash modules narrated by Sharon Hoffarth, MD, MPH, FACPM, Medical Director for Primaris*. If you have applied to become a Primaris Physician Reviewer, you must complete all four training sessions. The training is divided into 30-60 minute sessions, so you are welcome to complete them as your schedule allows.
There are no fees for participating in or receiving credit for this online educational activity, please consult your professional licensing board.
Follow these steps to earn CME credit:
- Read the target audience, learning objectives, and author disclosures.
- Study the educational content online
- Online, complete the posttest for each module you have reviewed, selecting the best answer to each question. To receive a certificate, you must correctly answer every question and also complete the evaluation following the post-test for each module
- Following successful completion of this activity, within the 6 weeks you will receive by mail a CME certificate for the amount of time claimed
Dial-up or other slower Internet connections may make online viewing difficult. If the presentations do not load properly, sound choppy or are difficult to view, please request these presentations on CD or in print format. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Posttests may also be completed in print or online versions.
The content of this program program was designed by the following Primaris staff:
- Sharon Hoffarth, MD, MPH, FACPM, Primaris Medical Director
- Dorothy Andrae, MHA, BSRN, CPHQ, Primaris Director of Clinical Review Services and Patient Safety-Hospital
- Rita Ketterlin, RN, CCS, Primaris Clinical Review Program Manager
Original release date: March 15, 2009
Last update: February 11, 2011
Expiration Date: March 15, 2013
Dr. Hoffarth, faculty and other planners have previously disclosed no relevant financial relationships. Send messages to email@example.com with questions regarding the content of this activity
- Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- Module 2: Utilization and DRG Coding
- Module 3: Quality of Care
- Module 4: EMTALA
Join Our Team
- Want to become a physician reviewer for Primaris? Click here for more information.