Setting and Achieving EHR Goals to Position Your Organization for SuccessBack
The purpose of this worksheet is to help you define your goals for improving your EHR system so that your healthcare organization can more efficiently gather the data you need to be better positioned to receive Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentive payments, while avoiding possible penalties.
To get started, here are some goals you might consider setting:
- Improve data collection processes to ensure patient data is captured appropriately and accurately.
- Use the EHR data to create reports and take action.
- Bring in the data reports, and take action on them.
- Ensure your organization is prepared for an audit so you can keep the incentives you’ve worked hard to get.
- Get – and keep – your documentation in order.
- Place a strong focus on analyzing and addressing security risks in patient data.