Core Measure Abstraction
It’s a full-time job keeping up with constant changes to reporting requirements. Each CMS change offers a new challenge to your workflow. Primaris keeps our partners up-to-date on existing, new, and modified measures.
Outsourcing your core measures abstraction is more than a staffing solution. Use your valuable staffing resources to focus on taking care of patients, improving care, and reducing the defects that cause readmissions and hospital-acquired infections. Accurate and timely documentation will:
- Improving your quality of care, increased patient satisfaction.
- Maintaining excellent reputation.
- Securing maximum payment and protect against penalties under value-based care payment models.
Primaris has been a pioneer of core measure abstraction since our work with the Joint Commission (TJC) in 1999. We have trained hundreds of quality measure abstractors and advised clients on clinical documentation improvement since the original core measures pilot project.
Primaris abstractors maintain a minimum 90% accuracy on Interrater Reliability (IRR) review. Recent averages have been 99%. We configure reporting and feedback processes to meet specific client needs and use our experience working with across providers and platforms to suggest clinical documentation improvement that can improve scores.
Here are a list of core measures we currently abstraction:
National Hospital Quality Measures
- Inpatient Quality Measures
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Heart Failure
- Surgical Care Improvement Project
- Venous Thromboembolism (all subgroups)
- Children’s Asthma Care
- Perinatal Care Measures (all subgroups)
- Hospital Based Inpatient Psychiatric Services (HBIPS all)
- Inpatient Psychiatric FacilityQuality Reporting (IPFQR)
- Alcohol Use Screening
- Tobacco Use Screening & Treatment
- Influenza Immunization
- Global Inpatient Measures
- Emergency Department
- Immunization Measures
- Substance Abuse
- Tobacco Treatment
- Outpatient Quality Measures
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Chest Pain
- Emergency Department Throughput
- Pain Management
- Web-Based Measures
- Endoscopy/Polyp Surveillance
- State Mandated Measures
- Emergency Department Transfers Communication Measures (Minnesota)
Request a proposal today
Why Outsourced Abstraction is Best
We detail the benefits of outsourcing core measures abstraction.
How much time are you spending on quality reporting?
Take a look at the financial and time burden quality reporting puts on providers.
TIME Improvement Model
TIME, our healthcare improvement model, has helped healthcare providers across the nation transform the way healthcare is delivered.
- Keeping Patients with Chronic Conditions Out of the Hospital- Population Health
Chronic Disease Management: It’s Time to Focus on Preventive Care// It’s time to
- Patient Centered Medical Home White Paper
Almost 50,000 clinicians today are certified in this model. While the NCQA Healthcare Business